On July 20, 2023, the first meeting of the HWA Oregon Chapter commenced. Below you will find the attendance and minutes.
Sarah Walker (CHAIR); Frances Ippolito (SECRETARY); Kate Boyes; D.L. Myers; Alan Lastufka; Larina Warnock; Dan Salvatore; Katherine Quevedo; Adam Bolivar; David Barker; J.B. (John) Kish; Richard Leis; Andrew Fuller; Laura Cranehill; David Casi
- Introductions of attendees
- Scheduling a monthly meeting time – should we do physical spot or zoom? Sarah will send out a poll for a meeting time.
- WW Fair – HWA Table on August 4th, 4-6:30pm. Sarah will talk to Lisa Morton about promotional material.
- HP Lovecraft Film Festival – Andrew Fuller describing the FF and Literary Track; October 6-8
Author readings – Using another building for the reading space
- Bizzarocon November 16-19, 2023 McMenamin’s Edgefield-Troutdale, OR
Eraser Head Press
- Orycon is coming.
- Portland Book Festival –
- StokerCon 2024 in San Diego
- Hotel room blocks
- October panels or readings at libraries
Tik-Tok readings and have it for Sarah Walker
Send requests to Sarah and we can send to general group bcc.
- Volunteer speakers – any volunteers wants to present on a topic
- Website – Alan Lastufka volunteered
Interviews on the website
- Sarah Walker – Gemma Files Anthology; cursed film; $50 flat + contributor
- Release June 21, 2024
- Andrew Fuller book released — Constellations of Ruin at the publisher… https://journalstone.com/bookstore/constellations-of-ruin/
- Orycon 43 is coming. https://www.orycon.org
- Panels and reading opportunities
- Under Her Eye Poetry Anthology is coming out (Laura Cranehill will have a poem in the collection)
- Sarah Walker – setting up a horror writer read
- David Casi has volunteered for social events
- Discussion about whether we want to start a HWA Discord.